For many, the vacation is already over, while for some it is planned for the fall or is not expected at all in the near future. And then for the much-desired summer vacation and relaxed leisure there is only a weekend. Where can I spend the perfect weekend? Perhaps each person has his own answer to this question. For some it’s a picnic in the bosom of nature, for another it’s a visit to an exhibition of photographs or paintings. Someone may say that the best day off is a happy “doing nothing”. But very, very many people on the planet will undoubtedly give preference to weekends spent in an amusement park, because this is a real explosion of emotions. Therefore, we offer you a list of the top 5 best amusement parks in the world.
1. Disneyland (Paris, France)
Perhaps the most popular amusement park, the dream of children from all over the globe, is Disneyland Paris, opened back in 1992. This is not a simple amusement park, it is a real fairy-tale country where Walt Disney cartoon characters familiar from infancy come to life (remember at least Mickey and Minnie Mouse), where you can look into the castle of Sleeping Beauty herself or plunge headlong into the unique atmosphere of the Wild West. It is not surprising that here even an adult will again feel like a child. Disneyland consists of five separate theme parks, in the center of which stands the symbol of the park – Sleeping Beauty Castle:
– Adventure country, where the most popular attraction, called "Pirates of the Caribbean", is located. There is also the opportunity to visit attractions, including "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Danger", "Robinson's Refuge" and even "Adventure Island";
– A border country where everything is literally saturated with the spirit of the real Wild West. In this area, you can meet with red-skinned Indians and dashing cowboys, ride steamboats and even visit a small zoo;
– The main road of the USA, inviting visitors to refresh themselves in one of the restaurants or purchase a souvenir as a keepsake;
– The country of discovery with its dizzying rides;
– A country of fantasy, which is primarily designed for the smallest tourists, allowing them to feel like heroes of their favorite fairy tales.
Disneyland Paris is open to visitors year-round. For those to whom one day in this kingdom of childhood seems not enough, there are hotels with rooms of different levels.
2. Walt Disney World Recreation Center (Florida, USA)
It is ahead of Walt Disney World in Florida in the United States both in terms of area, attendance, and opening time. It was opened back in 1971. In addition to theme parks, there are also two water parks. The symbol of Disney World is Cinderella Castle.
Walt Disney World is a whole complex, which, in addition to the parks themselves, includes several dozen hotels, shops, cafes and restaurants. You can travel around the territory with free buses.
3. Legoland (Billund, Denmark)
The history of Legoland in the Danish city of Billund began back in 1968. Since then, several Lego parks have been opened, but the park in Denmark remains one of the most popular and largest holiday destinations in the world. This is an amazing place where visitors are surrounded by millions of LEGO bricks.
There are several different thematic zones in Legoland. Their names are Miniland, the world of Duplo, the city of Legoredo, the world of imagination, the land of pirates, the world of adventures, the kingdom of the knights and, of course, the city of LEGO. Even adults will again be interested in the designer – an amazingly addictive game.
4. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Florida, USA)
For fans of the universe of books by Joan Rowling, and not only in 2010, a state-of-the-art theme park was opened in the state of Florida in the United States under the corresponding name “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter”. Only here visitors can visit the good-natured Hagrid’s hut, choose their own personal magic wand, feast on chocolate frogs and just walk around Hogwarts. This is where all childhood fantasies come to life and magic reigns.
5. Europa-Park (Baden-Baden, Germany)
Completes our "weekend" of the top 5 best amusement parks in the world, Europe Park in the German famous city of Baden-Baden. It is unique in that only here for one day tourists have the opportunity to visit all corners of an old European woman, appreciate the features of national cuisines of European countries, get acquainted with traditional costumes, and go on a sightseeing tour. Although hardly one day is enough to enjoy all the delights of the park. But the park is open from April to November.